Thursday, December 16, 2010

Sheepers.. New Zealand



Day 142: December 6, 2010
I absolutely love New Zealand. It was the most beautiful place I have ever been too, no joke. Here I see crystal blue water from the glaciers and mountains surrounding it with snow capped at the top. Here I see these absolutely gorgeous flowers that come in an array of purple, pink, yellow, and white. Here do I smell the pine trees and make peace signs out of the peace signs. Feels like home to me.
Some things here remind me of home quite a big, but then its about 10 times more beautiful to me.. a new kind of beautiful. I just love nature and that’s not because I’m a tree hugger.
What have I don’t since I got here??
Well I arrived December 4, 2010 at about 12:30 am.. I had no place to go so I slept in the airport in Christchurch then awoke, got a ride into town to catch a bus and finally found a bus that was heading to queenstown in just the nick of time. I get to queenstown.. do a nice stroll and end up in bed early, feeling a little sick, still and am just very tired from the drive (about 8 hours) and the bad night of sleep I had in the airport.
Next day I wanted to relax, so I did .. in way that I woke up late, about 11 am and felt good, healthy, recovered from this weird illness I have had for the past 3 weeks. I forgot what its like, to feel healthy again, it is really nice. I decided to do a hike up to Queenstown Hill. It was such a nice hike, very much so needed. The view at the top was very nice and the whole hike in general was soothing to my soul. I could have stayed on that mountain top for ages, but I soon headed down.
I decided that I should go to a place called Fergberger, because it always had lines out the door and was super crowded. I got a burger and it was a massive mother of meat. Not sure how to eat it and I have never questioned how to eat a burger. That was new for me, questioning how to eat a burger I mean. It was quite good though, its been so long since I have had a good berger. Oh mannn.
At the fergburger I ran into two girls, one from Canada and one from Alaska (USA). They were going up on the skyline to do the luge and asked if I wanted to go with, I decided, it was an okay thing to do. The view up there was soo nice, better thans Queenstown hill if you ask me. Only because I felt like you could see more. Anyways.. we did the luge, funnest luge I have ever done. I got myself up on two wheels a couple of times and that was intense. I could go as fast as I wanted too and passed one of the girls I was with cause I was going so fast. I had a need for speed and I am not kidding.
So what have I done
1. slept in the airport at Christchurch
2. taken a long bus ride to queenstown (about 8 hours)
3. stayed at YHA backpackers for 3 nights
4. gone hiking up to queenstown hill
5. slept in for the first time in a long time & felt good, healthy good for the first time in weeks.
6. Took the gondola up to the top of a mountain and done the luge up there as well.
7. Ate a massive burger at fergburger.
December 8, 2010
1. Went to bed early, or at least tried, but was up most of the night because the bar outside was soo loud. It felt like people were yelling right outside my window.. they probably were.
2. Woke up, feeling good, it was bungee jump day on December 6 and I was ready.
3. I did it, and survived. Yesss. I did the highest bungee jump in New Zealand and the highest swing in the world.. It’s kind of a big deal.
4. I ate another massive burger to celebrate with a girl I met at the bungee jump.
5. We also decided to celebrate by going to the ice bar. A bar that is made out of ice in queenstown. Sounds cool yeah? it was, I have picturessssss.
6. Had an early night to bed because the next day, I was heading to Franz Joseph.. I wanted to go to pancake rocks, but its not going to happen this trip.
7. Made it to Franz Joseph and hiked up to the glacier. It was sooo coool. I don’t think I have ever seen a glacier before so thank you mister Franz Joseph.
8. Stayed at a backpackers in the franz joseph town.. up in glacier territory.. pretty cool eh. I thought so, I felt in my element cause I was in the mountains and it was a wee bit cold.
9. Now I am on a bus again.. I swear about a third or maybe even half of my new Zealand trip is on a bus. That kind of sucks, but at least the drive is soo beautiful, so its okay. I wish I had an ATV to cruise around NZ on, that would be rad. That's saved for next time.
10. I’m heading to Christchurch yet again and hoping I can make my way up to Kaikora.. (I spelled that wrong) because I want to go whale watching ASAP.
11. I have to get to the north island.. ASAP I fly out of NZ in a week, so yeah. I sure do love the South Island, everything about it, except the expensive bus fares I keep paying.




No comments:

Post a Comment