Monday, February 9, 2015

Wanderlust


I moved to New Zealand on a bit of a whim. With a heart that had been shattered, self esteem that had hit rock bottom and a feeling of... Indecisiveness, I bought a plane ticket and moved here. I'm not writing those depressing words to make you feel sorry for me, I'm writing them to give you a perspective of where my heart and soul was before I moved to NZ. My heart was broken, my soul was torn, my mind was confused, my body felt lost. 

As soon as I moved here I got a job, I hated it, but I got a job. I went in with a bad attitude because I chose to and I eventually left when I felt like I had enough money to restart again. Three days after I quit I saw one of the musicians I follow was in New Zealand and I thought, "are they playing a show in NZ? Naw way, I already looked that up before I moved here... But then I looked it up again and saw that, indeed this musician and the band she plays with, Medicine for the People with were coming to NZ for a yoga festival... And another musician I follow, Xavier Rudd was also coming. Gasp. It's a sign, I must go see them, my soul needs this, my heart needs this, I need this.
I looked up tickets, and I died a little, nearly $600 and its on the north island. That is a lot of money and it's not including accommodation, food, etc. I didn't have that much money, but I wanted to make it work. I felt hopeless cause I am, pretty poor, but then I saw they needed volunteers. I applied and three days later found out I got accepted. At this point, I thought okay looks like I'm going to this festival... I booked a ticket to Auckland one way on jan. 22nd, I worked my last day on jan. 23, and I flew to Auckland on jan. 24. Nothing like a spontaneous trip somewhere ... I felt excited... I felt wanderlust which is ideal because the festival is called wanderlust.

Photo by: People Seen
Taken at: Wanderlust NZ



Wanderlust: a strong desire to travel; strong longing for or impulse toward wandering.

No comments:

Post a Comment