Sunday, April 5, 2015

No Money? No Problem.

I've been a bit stressed out lately because...
My money has been going, going... nearly gone
$200... pay rent for the week $110 left
Bank takes monthly fee... $105 left
I buy grocery essentials (milk, bread, eggs, carrots, apples)... $90 left...
I buy easter treats for my flatmates and I because I wanted to celebrate easter...$85 left...
Rent money is due... and I have $85 left.... Rent cost $90 a week... Ooops. #worthit.

CROSSROADS
So I'm at a point in my life, where I can't seem to find a job that I want. The picture and illusion I had in my head of me arriving in New Zealand and getting a job with a tour operator... is just not working out. Busking has been working out for the past 4 weeks and it's the only reason I didn't have to dig into my emergency money sooner, but busking is taking a toll on my body... it's very physically demanding. I'm at a crossroad of a sort and it's time to figure out what to do. New game plan... I have to dig into my emergency money (money from selling my car). It's not much, but it's enough to get me by. I'll start with a small segment of it and go from there. Then.. if I don't have a job after April 17th, I will be heading to the west coast of NZ to WWOOF at a hostel for a month until hits. WWOOFing refers to working on organic farms, but it is also loosely used as a term meaning work for accomodation which is what I will be doing if I don't have a job by April 17th. I do pole 4 times a week because I have a performance that I'm doing on April 17th. Stay tuned for a video of the performance or you can buy tickets to it and watch it in real life by contacting me via here.

 The show is April 17th at Blue Kanu at 10 PM and it's $65 -- be there or be a square. Watch me be #creepysexy #dreamscometrue.

GOODBYE CAR MONEY... HELLO LICENSE?
I really really did not want to have to start digging into my spare funds (the money I got from selling my car in the USA). I was hoping to get a car for winter with that money once my NZ license gets approved and here -- which should be next week, but it's looking like that may not work out either #ohwell. I have not had a license for 3 months because I misplaced mine on a camping trip in Alexandra and it has been one...hell... of a process to get a physical license back. I have had to do an exemption form here in NZ, but I had to work with the USA to get it as well, but despite the stress and big pain the ass that it was, it will all worth it because soon I will finally have a driving license again. So that's that, hello driving license... goodbye emergency money....goodbye car money. #walkingworks

BACK TO CROSSROADS
Okay Okay... So I'm at a point in my life where I can't find a job with a tour operator like I hoped and planned, my camelback is leaking water and will no longer hold any water and it has a rip in the backpack, my duffel bag zipper is broken, my money has nearly ran out in my NZ bank account and I just want to curl up in a ball and eat gummy jet planes and drink milo. #pityparty #rantover. So I have assigned myself a #CheerUpTrip and I'm going to hitchhike to Dunedin this week on an extreme budget.

I'm unemployed, extremely low on money, and its time to step away from all the rejection letters for jobs I've gotten here in Queenstown. I want a changed of scenery for a second and it's time. I have all the free time in the world and if I stay in this beautiful black hole another second, I may scream and wither away into a fallen leaf in Lake Luna. I need to remind myself why I'm here. I love New Zealand and I mean I LOVE LOVE NEW ZEALAND, but it's been hard lately. I've been hard on myself, I've been sad, and I've been frustrated and this is not me. I'm not normally so bitter... and boring. I'm Brooke and I'm weird, I like to tell cat jokes and talk to strangers, I like to see new things and walk into the unknown sometimes. So this week I'm going to Dunedin, I'm the only person who can get me out of this rut and so I shall. Here I go... HEY. HO.
#overandout #timetowanderabout #brookeinwanderland

That being said, I'm not going to be a mooch, although I am on a tight budget, I also pride myself with being independant ... to an extent. It's kind of fun to put your trust in the greater good of people and if it works out great and if it doesn't then... bummer. On that note.. time to fly and maybe I can even find a pole dance studio? Yes? #findyourhappy


No comments:

Post a Comment