Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Can this be real?

I've been thinking a lot ... like 87% of the day and well... I seem to have a hard time grasping that this is real life. Me. Here. in New Zealand....

I gave up everything to move here.
Lost some things
Gained some things
Sold some things

That was hard, really hard. 

I really missed my friends and family over the holidays (thanks to those who said something). On Christmas day I worked a 16 hour shift to try to forget how much I missed my family.

On New Years Eve I worked a 13 hour day to forget all the bad things that I went through last year and prepare myself for an official fresh start for 2015. When the new year happened, I was still working, but I snuck on top of the roof of my worked and watched the fireworks over the lake. It was a bit magical I must say... I felt hopeful for the future and what is to come from it. 

Life... is crazy and although it's amazing to be here in New Zealand, I miss you friends and family... quite a lot. 

#feelinghomesick #comevisit.

No comments:

Post a Comment